Buenos Aires Climate & Temperature
- Buenos Aires, Argentina is at 34°35'S, 58°29'W, 25 m (82 ft). See map.
- Buenos Aires has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Buenos Aires is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 17.8 degrees Celsius (64 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13.5 °C (24.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 16.1°C (60.9°F) on average falling to 7.9°C (46.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 22.2°C (72°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 12.7°C (54.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 28.9°C (84°F) and average low temperatures are 18.9°C (66°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 22.8°C (73°F) during the day and lows of 13.5°C (56.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1145.9 mm (45.1 inches) which is equivalent to 1145.9 Litres/m² (28.11 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2533 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Buenos Aires you would come out nearest to the climate station at Qingdao, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Warm temperate dry forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Buenos Aires, Argentina Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Paso De Los Toros, Uruguay - 268.5 kms (166.8 miles) NE
- Mercedes, Uruguay - 153.1 kms (95.2 miles) NNE
- Colonia, Uruguay - 67.3 kms (41.8 miles) ENE
- Aeroparque B. Aires, Argentina - 6.4 kms (4 miles) ENE
- Carrasco, Uruguay - 227.6 kms (141.5 miles) E
- Montevideo, Uruguay - 210.8 kms (131 miles) E
- Prado, Uruguay - 210.4 kms (130.7 miles) E
- La Plata, Argentina - 68.2 kms (42.4 miles) SE
- Punta Del Este, Uruguay - 321.4 kms (199.7 miles) E
- Punta Indio, Argentina - 139.8 kms (86.9 miles) SE
- Dolores, Argentina - 207.9 kms (129.2 miles) SSE